Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tuesday: A Fresh Start

I’ve been debating with myself whether I should give a huge review of the past year, or whether I should drop my two readers little tidbits here and there whenever I run out of ideas.  Seeing as that particular predicament occurs fairly often, I feel like that would be the best idea.  So, apologies, but no year in review for you at the moment.  Instead, I feel like rambling.

Along with my aunts and uncles that invade the Jersey Shore every spring around this time, I view Memorial Day as the unofficial start of summer; it’s when the world really starts to heat up, when school really begins to wind down, and when people decide that public pools are once again acceptable venues.  This being the day after Memorial Day… well, it should be a little special, shouldn’t it?

Aside from one occurrence that I won’t archive on here for certain, definable reasons… today was pretty damn special.  For one, I didn’t fall asleep once, which has been a constant problem this year.  Seriously.  It almost cost me a bunch of math tests because I slept through our entire unit on logarithms.  Although, at the same time, that could have just been due to my dislike of logarithms.

Sorry, random tangent.  Bringing it back around.

Yet, even more awesome than not falling asleep at all was the first meeting for Encore Singers, my school’s most prestigious choir, of which I am incredibly and almost unfairly lucky to be a part (my audition was uncharacteristically good).  We have this tradition at this meeting where everyone sings the national anthem, and then the seniors move away and listen to the underclassmen sing it again.  Let me just say… we sounded quite a bit better than I thought we were going to.  I am really, really looking forward to next year.

SONG OF THE DAY: STARLIGHT

Like I said, over the past eleven months I’ve discovered some pretty awesome music, both by old favorites and some new musicians and bands.  And, to one of my reader’s dismay, I will continue to torture you with songs every night.

Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment